Full time, permanent role from April or September 2021
Competitive salary with accommodation or an allowance provided Located in South Buckinghamshire
One of the country’s most prestigious Independent Boarding and Day Preparatory Schools for Boys is looking for a Head of Year 3. We are a flourishing school with around 250 boys from 7 to 13 years old, with all boys boarding in the final two years. We deliver a first class education, sporting provision and a rich variety of music, drama, arts and extracurricular opportunities in a friendly and supportive working environment. The school is only twenty miles from central London in a beautiful location.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an able and inspiring teacher to join our highly successful junior year group. This Head of Year, full time position, requires the ability to teach across Key Stage 2 but particularly in core subjects in Year 3 & 4. The role comes with meaningful middle management responsibilities, experience of ‘whole school’ initiatives and liaison with feeder pre-preps.
The successful candidate will:
- have the skills to be a dynamic and inspiring teacher;
- have a passion for learning and be keen to communicate this enthusiasm;
- have a strong pastoral and academic background that would add to the school’s academic culture;
- be equally at home teaching those who work at a level above their age group and those who find the transition to our school a challenge;
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a part of a team;
- have high level IT competency, particularly with its application to support learning.
All Year 7 & 8 either weekly or full board so boarding is an important part of our culture and over 95% of boys leaving at 13+ to the UK’s top boarding schools. Furthermore, as an award winning school in 2019 & 2020, the successful candidate must show a desire to play a full and active role, including contributions to pastoral care and extra-curricular activities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Helen Doubler on 07867654459 or email@example.com alternatively, please submit your CV.